Let’s dispel the myth about “Productivity at work”. Productivity is not something that happens between the hours of 8:30 to 4:30 p.m. It’s a lifestyle.
As an employee if you are depressed and bored, not eating well and not getting enough sleep then you cannot expect to show up to work and all of a sudden turn on “productivity”.
As the employer, it is your responsibility to recognize that productivity is a combination of managing both the physiology and psychology of productivity. It is up to you to provide the culture and environment that encourages productivity as a lifestyle!
We all know the basics – eat well, exercise, get enough sleep, hydrate (with water – not coffee!) and take a break at least every 50 minutes! Humans are NOT designed to work effectively without a few short breaks throughout the day!
Once you have the basics down then you can add some tools to your toolbox:
- Know when you drop into the “Shiny Thing Syndrome” – you keep being attracted to the next distraction that comes along.
- Remember that it’s not about time management; it’s about managing what you do with your time.
- Follow a “Productivity Planner”
- Multi-tasking is a MYTH! Focus on one thing at a time and respect that your peers need the same!
- Make meetings meaningful!
- Learn to say “no” with respect – both for yourself and the other party.
All of these tips can be found in the Majix eBook – 7 Tools for High Performance Productivity. Download your free copy
These are just a few things but the most important is your commitment. Can you make that commitment to yourself?